Shari writes:
Today as I sat by our kitchen window gazing at the beautiful blue cloud-studded sky, I noticed two birds in the far distance. They were high up near the clouds, swirling and swooping together, wings fully extended. The wind lifted them effortlessly as they soared in large circles, side by side. They looked as though they were enjoying it immensely, circling again and again, gliding on the wind with just an occasional flap of their wings. No intentional destination, just pure joy in the moment.
As I sat there, I realized this is what we all want. We want to do what we're created to do, just as the birds are created to fly. We'll know when we're doing it because it will be effortless and fun. We won't have to work hard at all. We'll want to keep doing it forever. Others have called this "the zone." I call it God's divine purpose. Soaring effortlessly in joy and peace as we do what he created us to do.
Are you experiencing this? As David and I prepare to serve in India, we see this next chapter of our lives as a time to develop our wings and start to soar in all the ways God has created us to soar. We're ready. We've lived too long stuck to the earth... doing what we have to do, but too often not doing what we're created to do. We're ready to change that. Yes, Lord!
Amen and Amen!
ReplyDelete