Shari writes:
I brought my flute to India, and now to Sri Lanka, not knowing if I would have many opportunities to play it.
In the mid-90s I was on a small but close-knit worship team in the church I attended. We flowed as one instrument, lifting anointed worship to Jesus each week. It was a precious time for me, a cherished memory. Since then I have longed to play my flute with similarly gifted instrumentalists who are musically talented and able to lead people into the throne-room of heaven.
I am now experiencing a dream come true here in Sri Lanka.
The church we are serving has an American-style worship team that leads during both the morning Sinhala service and the evening English service. The pastor found out that I brought my flute and invited me to play during worship. The members of the band are excellent musicians with a deep love for Jesus. I am honored to join with them as they lead the congregation into the presence of the Lord. My heart is full!
Here is a 3-minute video clip of a Sinhala worship song. You will also see the congregation singing with heartfelt passion. Sinhala is a beautiful language of many syllables that sounds like a flowing river. This is one of my favorite Sinhala songs.
Why aren't we in India? Click here to read our blog post about India visa requirements.
I brought my flute to India, and now to Sri Lanka, not knowing if I would have many opportunities to play it.
In the mid-90s I was on a small but close-knit worship team in the church I attended. We flowed as one instrument, lifting anointed worship to Jesus each week. It was a precious time for me, a cherished memory. Since then I have longed to play my flute with similarly gifted instrumentalists who are musically talented and able to lead people into the throne-room of heaven.
I am now experiencing a dream come true here in Sri Lanka.
The church we are serving has an American-style worship team that leads during both the morning Sinhala service and the evening English service. The pastor found out that I brought my flute and invited me to play during worship. The members of the band are excellent musicians with a deep love for Jesus. I am honored to join with them as they lead the congregation into the presence of the Lord. My heart is full!
Here is a 3-minute video clip of a Sinhala worship song. You will also see the congregation singing with heartfelt passion. Sinhala is a beautiful language of many syllables that sounds like a flowing river. This is one of my favorite Sinhala songs.
Why aren't we in India? Click here to read our blog post about India visa requirements.
Shari,
ReplyDeleteWhat a great time in the presence of the Lord. We spotted you on the flute giving all glory to Jesus. Sheila and I are curious, who is the young lady on your worship team who is playing the keyboards? It resembles a young lady we met at IMCI during our stay at Latter Rain Ministries. Her name is Candida Perera and she usually goes by the name of Candy. However, without a close up view of her we could not be for certain. God is so good to all of us. Say hi to David and continue to fulfill the calling He has placed before you. With our love and prayers, Sheila and Curt.